We’re a friendly, creative bunch here at STB, with a refreshing no-bullshit attitude that’s served us well for over three decades. We firmly believe in the power of graphic design as a problem-solving science, and anyone joining our close-knit team must be commercially aware with an analytical eye. To be right for this account manager role, good organisation skills are a must, but we also look for a creative eye in all our people – not just designers.
- Excellent communicator and negotiator with good numeracy and written skills – a great presenter.
- 4+ years’ experience in a client relations/account management team. Have the confidence to be able to deal professionally and effectively with clients at a senior level.
- Experience working to tight timescales in an agency environment.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Keynote, PowerPoint, Google Docs, Slides and Sheets, ideally basic experience with Adobe InDesign and Adobe Illustrator.
- Ability to work on multiple projects, across multiple clients simultaneously, under pressure and meeting deadlines.
- Team player, willing to offer support to the whole team when required.
- Decisive and straightforward – acting promptly when problems are highlighted.
- Graphic Design or relevant Marketing/Design qualifications preferable.
Day to Day:
- Assisting the Client Services Director in liaising with clients, building and maintaining strong relationships with new and existing clients by understanding their needs and managing their expectations.
- Help to develop and deliver to the client’s strategy/meet their business objectives.
- Regularly report on account status and key financials to the Client Services Director. Create accurate forecasts and monitor project spend.
- Taking briefs from clients and writing them up in a concise, coherent, and inspiring manner for the studio. Creating sensible timing schedules managing client expectations.
- Collaborating with the studio team daily on delivering project briefs and studio planning. Manage projects through the studio from start to finish.
- Liaising with third party suppliers and internal agency stakeholders to ensure that projects are successfully delivered in the most efficient way, within budget, deadline and within the brief criteria.
- Admin including preparing quotations, requesting, and recording purchase orders. Closing and invoicing jobs in a timely manner.
- Assisting the Client Services Director and studio with pitches, new business meetings and tenders.
- Where applicable travelling to clients to attend meetings, must have a full UK driving license.
- Hybrid working would be considered
- An opportunity to work with some of the UK’s biggest brands.
- A highly competitive industry leading salary based on experience.
We’re proud to be an employee-owned company.
To apply, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all backgrounds.