Account Manager and Designer
We’re a friendly, creative bunch here at STB, with a refreshing no-bullshit attitude that’s served us well for over three decades. We approach graphic design as a problem-solving science, and to excel in this exciting hybrid role you’ll be commercially aware with an analytical eye. We need highly creative thinkers who live and breathe design – but also well-organised all-rounders who are equally comfortable in front of a client, understanding their needs and managing their expectations.
- A talented designer with experience in a client relations/account management role, with the confidence to be able to deal professionally and effectively with clients at all levels of seniority.
- You love all stages of the design process. From taking briefs from clients and writing them up in a concise, coherent, and inspiring manner for the studio, to creating exceptional design concepts.
- You must be an excellent conceptual thinker and possess an enviable portfolio, with experience of driving design projects through a studio and managing client expectations.
- At least 5+ years of industry experience.
- A team player, you need to be a confident, effective communicator, with good numeracy and written skills.
- Experience in retail/ FMCG and branding desired.
- Experience working to tight timescales in an agency environment.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Keynote, PowerPoint, Google Docs, Slides and Sheets, Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Ability to work on multiple projects, across multiple clients simultaneously, under pressure and meeting deadlines.
Day to Day:
This role is fast-paced and varied, working with both the client services team and design team to lead and manage projects through the studio.
- Assisting the Client Services Director in liaising with clients, building and maintaining strong relationships with new and existing clients by understanding their needs and managing their expectations.
- Help to develop and deliver to the client’s strategy/meet their business objectives.
- Taking briefs from clients and writing them up in a concise and inspiring manner for the studio, creating sensible timing schedules.
- Collaborating with the studio team on project briefs and planning. Manage projects through the studio from start to finish.
- Creating exceptional design concepts for some of the UK’s biggest brands and shaping client presentations.
- Project admin including preparing quotations, requesting, and recording purchase orders, forecasting, and monitoring project spend.
- Liaising with third party suppliers and internal agency stakeholders to ensure that projects are successfully delivered in the most efficient way, within budget, deadline and within the brief criteria.
- Assist the Client Services Director and studio to create compelling pitches and tenders.
- Travelling to clients, must have a full UK driving license.
- Hybrid working would be considered.
- An opportunity to work with some of the UK’s biggest brands.
- A highly competitive industry leading salary based on experience.
We’re proud to be an employee-owned company.
To apply, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all backgrounds.